Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

DISHY ANIMALS ABC




Grandpa David and Maya reading Dishy Animals ABC

I created a children's ABC book in 2011. I focused on 19th century transfer printed children's plates and mugs that focused on animals.  I had just photographed more than 500 items from the incredible collection of children's pottery owned by Dennis and Ann Berard to use on the Pattern and Source Print Database of the Transferware Collectors Club when I realized that I could use some of the material for a book.  I also had a one year old granddaughter who I though might enjoy a new ABC book.  In the back of my mind, I was also hoping that she might get enthusiastic about pottery (she is nearly three now, and does love it!).  Here are some examples from my book.  You can order it from my website, www.merlinantiques.com or directly from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment