Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

FOR A DEAR CHILD WHO IS STARTING SCHOOL


William Adams III (& S) 1804-1829 5.75 inch child's plate, ca. 1820.

My beloved granddaughter starts kindergarten today.  She is embarking on a new part of her life.  I remember my first day of kindergarten in September 1949.  It was both exciting and frightening; who would I meet and who would be my friend?  Already, I was more interested in the social aspects of school rather than the academics!

Below are two five year old girls separated by 66 years, but united by love.




I hope Maya loves school as much as I did. 

If you want to see more transferware school patterns, look at my blog posts "Love Your School And Books" and "School And Transferware."


Alphabet yellow glazed 2.35 inch child's mug, ca. 1820.  The mug was both a gift and a teaching tool.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment